Sunday, 14 December 2008

Confessions


I cannot ask your pardon when I am your killer
I cannot wipe your tears that you shed because of me
I cannot smile at you after I slapped on your face
I cannot try to be your rescuer, from the bottomless pit to which I threw you
I cannot give you asylum after I forced you from your house
I cannot respect you after I insulted you and all you called yours
I cannot be humble after I proved to be proud
I cannot be right after I proved to be wrong
I cannot be an angel after I proved to be a devil
Still, my dear, I am a human
And I believe
That you cannot turn down my plea

5 comments:

enigma said...

are u speaking to god???

or to "khudi" (self) like allama iqbal....!!

----nabeel

shameer manalil said...

just a confession

Passionate Pen said...

nice one shameer. I didn't know there was a poet in you.

Anonymous said...

nice da..good luck

Irfan Haneef said...

Nice & Sharp ... Pl keep writing.. All the best.. Irfan